Best Wireless Trail Camera All Updated Information 2019
Last Updated on
Hunting is enjoyable, but it can be a tough task. A trail camera can make the process of hunting simple. However, the best wireless trail camera can make the whole process super easy.
In essence; it is a clear depiction of the difference between targeted hunting and general hunting, in which the latter is more successful.
You’ll agree with me that, there are thousands of wireless trail camera available on the market, that's why finding a good quality wireless trail camera might be a tough task for us!
We spent more than 2 weeks to find out top 15 wireless trail cameras. At first, we select 25 cameras, after that, we test all of them. And then we found that these 15 cameras are the best one right now.
And now we provide you this review & buying guide, that you can get the top quality wireless trail camera.
Top 5 Best Wireless Trail Camera
Our Top Picks
Moultrie M-Series Game Cameras
WOSPORTS Trail Camera Full HD 1080P
Waterproof Hunting Scouting Cam
The Best Wireless Trail Camera review & Buying Guide
The efficient Covert Wireless Trail Camera can send images to any phone without considering the cellular carrier. The only requirement is more than 3 bars of AT&T. You can set the number of pictures you want to take per day to minimize data usage.
The most important thing about a trail camera is the clarity of images and videos. The Covert trail camera generates clear and colorful photos during the day, thanks to its 12MP resolution.
However, the images may tend to blur. Night pictures are adequate; this is due to the No Glow IR flash that takes photos up to 100ft and the 60 LEDs. Still, images come with time stamps. No sound is produced during the shootings.
On the other hand, the video quality is exemplary as it comes at 1280x720. You can describe the Code Black AT&T as a near-instant camera because of its small trigger time. At 0.7 seconds, the captures images as soon as it detects.
And the best part is it will instantly send the captured images and videos to your PC, Smartphone, or through its mobile app and the AT&T cellular network. It recovers time depends on the cellular network.
The camera battery performs fairly well. The rechargeable batteries and solar panel work excellently on these cameras, especially if you install it far away from your home; otherwise, you'll need to replace the batteries more often.
To make the 12 AAA battery last longer, set it on delay mode rather than the real-time mode.
This camera is famed for long term observation and bigger because of its time-lapse mode. Besides, the 1-10 shot busts capture the moments vividly. This scouting camera can send you real-time weather information.
This camera works just as advertised. As a user, you only need to have decent cell reception. Otherwise, it performs its tasks adequately.
What makes this version of the Spartan AT&T GoCam a better option is the addition of the Video Transmission capabilities, which makes it an upgrade of the earlier forms.
The game camera is ready to use once you buy. You only need a few adjustments, such as activating the services from HCO and setting your camera parameters to your specifications.
There is no contract, i.e., it is a pay as you go. You can deactivate or reactivate the data plan as you wish without the need of getting a new SIM card.
The camera uses the AT&T Data Connect Pass mobile broadband plan. Transmission of images has been made easier. You can send pictures with us without AES 256 encryption.
However, for added security, it is vital to use the encryption option to send images. The most interesting part is that this trail cam uses the Go Wireless which is compatible with the mobile portal and HCOGo Wireless, making it a capable camera in image management.
The trigger time of this camera is under one second, making it considerably faster camera, and its images are adequate. The camera image resolution stands at 8MP and video resolution of 720P.
Its IR LED array illuminates beyond 70 feet, allowing nice and crisp images at night. Interestingly, if the camera’s SD is full, you can set the camera to overwrite the oldest photos with the new ones to eliminate the chances of losing your most recent data.
If you want a camera that will not only send you the pictures, it is taking but it’s status, try this version of the Spartans GoCamtrail cam. It sends you the statuses of its battery daily.
Spartan cameras are leaders in building the trail cameras. The introduction of the Spartan 4G LTEGoCam with AT&T capabilities revolutionized everything.
The camera comes as a ready to use. It already has a SIM card. You need only to carry out a few adjustments, such as setting the pictures and buying the service from Spartan.
The game camera has Ultra-fast image transmission ability. This implies that soon as it captures an image; it transmits it to the paired device.
The amazing part is that the cam can transmit videos too. The images and videos transmitted are clear, thanks to the 8MP image resolution and 720p video resolution.
Besides, the image that the camera will send to you is almost instant because the camera has an amazing 0.6 trigger time. So, any fast-moving game animal cannot escape the flash of this camera.
Talking of the flash, the camera uses the invisible infrared flash that can illuminate up to 80 feet. That is why you will great crisp black and white images during the night.
The weatherproofing casing makes the Spartan 4G LTEGoCam with AT&T capabilities excellent for its job. In fact, the housing has a water resistance rating of IP65.
Such a rating makes it both waterproof and dust proof. So, when you install the camera in the wilderness, no amount of rain, dew, mist or dust can stop it.
The camera has an app that is easy to use. The app is developed by Spartan and is available on both iOS and Android.
This makes it easier and convenient for mobile viewing. Besides, it might interest you to know that there is a web portal available too. So, you can access the camera from a web interface.
The unique features about the Spartan 4G LTEGoCam Wireless Trail Camera with Mount, Verizon Blackout (AT&T Also Available) is the demon speed network it uses.
Besides, the ability of the camera to transfer images at an unmatched speed makes it the best wireless trail camera for hunting.
We want to start our first review with a high-end trail camera pack. To give the upscale capacity in that pack, the manufacturer has included four different cameras inside the pack. Moreover, it can secure an area with 24 hours of surveillance. So what features made this product top-notch?
- It has built-in the networking system.
- With that, the system user can connect each camera with another camera.
- And every camera will send an individual report about their area.
- The report of each camera details.
- Flash range of each camera is about 100 feet.
- Also has the fastest trigger speed.
- For having 24 highly powerful IR LED light, it can cover a long-range.
- This 20mp camera can provide a clear image at day and night.
- To save that image it has up to 32 GB SD card storage facility.
- Moreover, the 12AA batteries keep the camera alive for the long-term.
- Each camera can cover ¼ miles if the area is dense.
- On the other hand, if the area is smooth then each camera can cover 1 mile.
- It comes in with all installation accessories.
- For being weatherproof, it can endure any weather.
The negative side of the product:
The battery cannot support a long time because of high absorbance.
Our expert recommends the product for forest and large area because it provides a 360-degree solution.
The second trail camera in our list is an all-purpose trail camera. To define it in a term like “all-purpose” we had to consider a lot of algorithms.
For example, the operating system of this camera is superb, along with the picture quality are also marvelous. Likewise, it has further exceptional features such as:
- It can film 1080p videos for 10 minutes.
- As well as, up to 12mp picture this device can produce
- The 2.4 inches LCD display provides a colorful look on the interface.
- In this camera, the manufacturer has included seven unique buttons to operate the display.
- In addition, the features contain ultimate controlling features, like motion detection capacity, sensor sensitivity control, etc.
- The picture quality of the day and nighttime are fantastic.
- To ensure that, it has 65 ft. exposure range as well as low glow IR light.
- With this 0.3s minimum capturing speed device, you can take the fastest picture.
- The strong passive infrared sensor made the device unique.
- To run the camera user needs eight 12 AA battery.
The negative side of the device:
Instruction guideline is poor
Our expert has agreed with the complaint. Except that, everything is fine and running well.
While we were evaluating Cuddeback Cuddelink, had noted another device of their company. Because of its unique features like quick recovering speed and huge image storage space.
Moreover, the invisible LED black light can capture without informing the object. Likewise, it has further features such as:
- With 20-mega pixel camera feature, the user can monitor the property smoothly.
- Not only the image can help a user but also the video option helps them to check real-time updates including sound.
- The device IR capacity is 100 feet long.
- And with that range, it can capture any object by 0.25s trigger speed.
- Even the fastest animal cannot escape for having 1-second recovery speed.
- A feature like black IR flash captures the object image, without letting him know.
- To run the device user will need four D batteries, which can last 12 months.
- Within those months, the gear can store ten thousand pictures in an SD card.
- Again, the SD card slot can be increased up to 32 GB.
- Along with all the above things, the device has all the signature features of Cuddeback.
The negative side of the product:
Video option does not work at network mood.
Since the camera is largely used for monitoring the property before hunting or for security purpose, then video mood disables option is a good choice otherwise. The battery would support less than it is. As a result, the risk of property increased.
And we have got a game-changer in the fourth position, which is none other than “Bigfoot”. Now, why we call this the game-changer? Because of being faster than any other 3G camera, along with some extensive feature.
To tell more about the device traits, here are the things you should know. Such as:
- The picture quality of the camera is smooth both in day and night
- The device sends all pictures within 30 seconds to the user phone.
- It uses AT&T network to send the picture to the user phone.
- A user doesn’t need any extra antenna to get the support because the device possesses a strong network.
- Moreover, the thermal raid is very strong and gives a precise detection.
- This device can store 16000 pictures in it.
- To store that 12mp picture the device has up to 16 GB SD card facility.
- Within 65 feet range, it can capture the best picture even in low light.
- In addition, the device has 0. 4-second trigger speed and 1080p video quality.
- To run the camera all you need is 12 AA batteries.
The negative side of the product:
Poor flush range
Within a low budget, this 3g camera is at its best. Especially for deer and hog hunters.
Now, we will write about a different device, which is closely related to the trail camera. In fact, it works as a bridge between user and camera.
The device is none other than a field modem which specially designed for Moultrie trail camera. To support the camera, it has these following features like:
- It makes the trail camera into wifi trail camera.
- And operates with Verizon network.
- The data plan for the network is very cheap.
- With that cheap data, it sends the picture in a minute.
- The pictures are stored in Moultrie mobile app.
- Also, it uses 8 AA battery to keep it alive.
The negative side of the product:
The built-in app has a huge bug
Our expert has found that the manufacturer has recently updated their app and fixed bugs.
Our earlier reviewed modem needs a camera, for that, we have enlisted a suitable camera from its own brand and the model of the device is 40i.
This gear first launched in 2017 by making huge hype, for unique features. Therefore, the features are:
- With 80 ft. range it can take the best photo.
- And the quality of day and night time photos are fantastic.
- For having 32 IR KED light, the night time pictures get a life.
- Also, the 16 MP camera provides 1080p video with quality sound.
- 0.3-second photo capturing power does not impact on still.
- Even the design of this device is equivalent to nature.
- Besides, it has the easy to operate option inside the device.
- This device has a maximum of 32 GB storage facility.
- To keep the camera alive, the user will need 8 AA battery.
- With that battery range, you can store 19,000 pictures.
The negative side of the product:
USB function has a bug while connecting with the modem.
Well, the first batch has some bug but from the second batch, it has started to win hunters heart.
To make the user experience more flexible, we have added another Moultrie brand in our list. This device is compatible with the field modem.
For adding the gear in the seventh position, considered many factors. In a nutshell, our aim is to ensure the utmost flexible experience for a professional to an amateur. So, what factors we considered at that time?
- The updated sensor with 14 MP serves at its best.
- And it reflects in a day and night time image.
- 0.7 shutter speed means a no-compromise theory on working time.
- This device can capture those quality images with 85 ft. flash range.
- For night time image it uses 32 IR LED light.
- Even it can produce 720p video with real-time sound.
- Multiple pictures capturing mode has made the device exceptional.
- Including simple operating and flexible button capacity, has taken the level of exceptional into the next level.
- With 8AA batteries, it can capture 17000 images.
- To store that image, it has a 32GB SD card storage option.
- As like every camera, this gear comes in 2 years of warranty.
The negative side of the product
It has low detection range which is 60 ft. on average.
Except for the negative side, this device can be the stepping stone for a professional.
In the position of eight, we have added another Moultrie brand. For its extraordinary 180 degree features with 3 different lenses.
These lenses can take Horizontal, Panorama and Standard size pictures. There are a lot more things inside the camera such as:
- This 14 MP camera has 0.5s trigger speed.
- It can film high definition videos with sound.
- Being a three-eyed machine, it can take pictures from the various angel.
- The quality of the pictures is smooth at day and night.
- Even it's tough to get the smooth picture at night this is why 70 ft ranged flash used through IR.
- On that IR manufacturer has used no glow technology.
- .5s capturing speed is good enough to catch the speedy object.
- A special advantage of this device is the external part which very tough and protected.
- Moreover, the device can be run into two ways, one 12 AA battery, the second option is 12 DC electric power.
- With that battery life, it can take up to 15000 images.
The negative side of the product:
Panorama picture quality is not good enough.
Expert prefers to take pictures in a standard option because it gives better detail. Apart from that everything is good.
This is the final product from Moultrie we have listed in our list. For its simple and gorgeous feature within budget.
It has the same features as other Moultrie camera, but, some major things made this product unique. They are:
- It has 20MP picture resolution for a better picture.
- To take the still, the device uses.5s trigger speed.
- The flash capacity of the product is 70-ft.
- Inside the flash capacity has powerful IR LED to take stills without informing the object.
- This device can film high definition videos including the sound.
- To run the device, the user will need 8 AA batteries.
- With that battery, it can capture 15000 images
The negative side of the product:
Raindrops leaked inside the device
According to our expert, the raindrops leak when the device is not equipped properly.
13. NEW Trail Camera
In our final list, we have placed a brand new trail camera for the user community. And the gear had launched earlier this year. Within an affordable price, it’s tough to get a trail camera like this.
So, what has inside the trail camera? Then take a look at these following things.
- It has 12 MP camera resolution for a better picture at day and night.
- With that camera, the user can film high definition video with real-time sound.
- Since it has one of the strongest weather enduring technology, the chance of damage for environmental reason is tough.
- The 0.3s capturing speed can take the fastest animal picture both day and night, with low glow IR LED flash right.
- It has 20 meters’ detection range.
- To run the device user can use 8 AA batteries.
- And can keep up to 32 GB SD card.
The negative side of the device:
Though they said it can capture quality night time photo, it cannot.
As the product has launched a new, it has some technical issues. Our expert prefers to wait for the next batch. Hope it will work.
The wonderful thing about this game camera is that you can control everything remotely from your aired device, i.e., phone or the computer.
As a versatile camera, it features a majority of features that a high performing hunting camera should have.
The trigger speed of this cam stands at 0.6 seconds, making it possible to capture images of moving objects with clarity. Image quality is sufficient, thanks to the 8MP resolution.
At night, the images and videos are equally impressive because the camera features a NO Glow infrared LED flashes that illuminate up to an amazing 80 feet.
The photos come with information such as date, temperature, time, battery level, and moon phase.
The mind-blowing feature of this trail cam is its ultra-fast image transmission that occurs via the Spartan web and mobile portal.
Again, the camera has the ability to record up to 30 seconds of video length. This allows you to capture details.
When it comes to the power option, I think this camera carries the day. It has an option of using 4, 8, or 12 AA batteries.
Besides, the camera features an option to use an external source of power supply at 6 Volts. That implies the cameras battery life is impressive.
While many cameras have a reputation of being difficult to operate, the Spartan 4G LTEGoCam trail camera is pretty straightforward. It features large and well-marked buttons on the side for such operations.
Besides, it features ON/SETUP/OFF switches. Note that the operations menus are properly set to eliminate confusion and promote easy use.
Remember, the cam has three mounting options: python lock, tripod, and mounting strap, while the construction is IP65 waterproof.
Spartan HD GoCam (4G AT&T Version, Model#GC-A4Gb, Blackout Infrared) vs. Spartan 4G LTEGoCam Wireless Trail Camera with Mount
The Spartan 4G LTEGoCam Wireless Trail Camera with Mount packs numerous practical applications as compared to the Spartan HD GoCam.
We can conclude that the camera gives an outstanding performance. It features a 0.6 trigger speed, 80ft IR illumination, and a 30-second video recording: features that are above the Spartan HD GoCam.
Give your battery a longer life by switching this powerful camera on, whenever necessary. Besides, Duracell and Energizer are the best batteries to use.
The Gongnan Trail Camera can be boldly counted as one of the best wireless trail cameras to buy. The primary reason for that categorization it is powerful features its packs.
The camera can correctly work up to an astonishing -33 degrees Celsius. The IP66 waterproof protection casing works perfectly - It protects your camera against dust and rain, making your camera effective in the forest habitats.
You can consider this camera as an instant camera for the reason that it has a mind-blowing 0.2 seconds trigger speed, a feature that makes it take pictures instantly.
Besides, the camera uses the low glow infrared sensors to capture clear images. Talking of images, the Gongnan Trail Camera takes crisp colored pictures during the day and black and white photos at night.
This fantastic visual experience is due to its 12MP image resolution and a 1080p video resolution.
Indeed, such resolution guarantees you vivid images of wildlife, and you can view these images on the 2.4" monitor on the camera.
What puts this camera ahead of its completion is its ability to capture pictures in a wide angle. In essence, the camera has a PIR sensor 90°Wide Angle. Besides, it has an impressive trigger distance of 65feets.
This feature assures of really enjoyable hunting experience. While most cameras lack the energy efficient seal, the GongnanGame camera is an exception.
It comes with an energy efficient operating system that will give you eight months of usage. The camera can fit either 4 or 8 AA batteries.
The camera features a user operation menu that is friendly. To get started, the camera comes with a user manual that will direct you in all steps.
Gongnan Wireless Trail Camera vs. Covert Wireless Trail Camera Code Black AT&T/Blackhawk Verizon
The two cameras were built to perform similar functions. However, the Gongnan Wireless Trail Camera has the edge over the Covert Wireless Trail Camera for its amazing features.
Outstanding features are its ability to work even in low temperatures, longer battery life, and produce crisp, clear images and videos. For such reasons, it is our best.
Has your wireless trail camera ever failed you?
If perfection, you might have been disappointed a few times, especially if you make a few choices. Advertisements are full of praises, and the unfortunate part is that most buyers fall for them.
In most cases, you can't do anything because you'll have to buy the camera to know how it functions. Smart guys research, right? Reading reviews will elaborate to you how each hunting camera is supposed to work.
Reviews from users are by far the best. Reading the specification of a particular game camera is the first step in understanding how your camera works.
To know how it works, you'll have to buy it and set it up in the wilderness. Since such cameras are to be installed outdoors for a long time, they must be able to withstand the tough weather conditions.
They should have a weather resistant cover! Being wireless means, you can access your images from a remote provided out are thin the range of a network.
But how far is the range? Well, being able to receive notifications from any location is much more desirable.
Buying guide - How to Select the Best Wireless Trail Camera
I bet the majority of people do not understand how a wireless camera is. Again, the same large proportion might not understand how such a camera works. It is essential to understand what a wireless trail camera is, therefore.
The term wireless may mean two types of trail cameras, i.e., a cellular wireless camera or Wi-Fi trail camera. While Wi-Fi cameras have a limitation of having the shortest range, wireless trail cameras with cellular capabilities have no restriction when it comes to the range.
With such game cameras, you can get images from almost anywhere provided you are registered to a particular plan. These are the type of wireless cameras we are talking about.
Cellular Trail Camera
These types of trail cameras sent notifications to your paired devices as soon as motion is detected. The paired devices are usually a computer or a Smartphone.
Technology has seen the development of mobile apps and web portals for successful operations. Also, you can receive the data in your emails.
Also, an SD card is provided for storage of images and videos. The quality of image sent to email and those stored in the SD card slightly vary.
While the former is compressed, therefore smaller, the latter usually have a higher resolution.
For a cellular trail camera to work, you will need to have a SIM card that is activated as well as a cell phone plan to transmit images and videos.
You’ll need to activate the card before you can be able to receive the data. The most amazing part with the best wireless trail camera is that you can setup up to recipients of both emails and phone notifications. Few advanced modes come with Bluetooth capabilities.
Nearly all wireless cameras with cellular capabilities work on a GSM network. Residents of the United States use either the services of AT&T or T-Mobile carrier.
The good news is after you activate your SIM card, you can use your cellular carrier, and the camera will transmit images to any device or network.
Network coverage is a factor of great concern among the trail camera users. Proper coverage will enable the efficient transmission of videos and images, while low-quality coverage will be strenuous to transmit.
In the past, trail cameras transmitted data using the 2G version. This was quite unreliable, especially in areas with the low network coverage.
So, manufacturers saw the need to create better coverage, as we speak all trail cameras work on 3G. Some manufacturers have already built some trail cameras that use 4G. Isn't that amazing?
Does casing mater to you? It should if you want your camera to last longer. The material that builds the housing should be rated for waterproof properties. For instance, a waterproof casing rated IP66 will serve well whatever the conditions.
On average most manufacturers give a 2-year warranty on each trail camera. Any buyer needs to understand what the warranty covers. Be informed that majorities of the trail camera's warranties do not include poor cell reception or cell coverage termination.
Ease of use
Buying a complicated camera; however powerful it is, can be daunting. You need to purchase a camera that you can comfortably use with much ease.
Wireless cameras are user-friendly types of cameras. Apart from being easy to use, these cameras are durable. But, have you ever wondered how they work?
The cameras have an in-built transmitter. The transmitter uses a wireless network to send data to the phone or email of the recipient.
Outrightly, you can see that there are no attachments required for data transmission – select a wireless network and connect the camera.
Questions and Answers
What is the uniqueness of trail cameras that send images to your phone?
The trail cameras that sent images to your phone are trail cameras with cellular capabilities. These cameras usually utilize network/cell towers to transmit the pictures taken.
The uniqueness with these types of cameras is that they can send photos and videos to any paired devices regardless of the distance. The only condition is the user to have a mobile data plan.
Can wireless trail cameras be used as home security?
Yes. The camera work perfectly well.
Do the wireless trail camera produce sounds ?
Digital trail cameras do not produce noise. Most cameras without a visible flash do not produce noise too. So, if you want a great camera get a high quality, no flash camera.
After how long should you check trail camera?
Where you mounted your camera influences the time to check. Besides, what you intend on capturing also influences the time of checking. Experts advise that you should check your camera mid-mornings and mid-afternoon.
What do trail cameras detect to take a photo or a video?
Most trail cameras detect motion as they have motion sensors. However, some sophisticated types can detect the temperature by using the passive infrared (PIR) detector.
Do trail cameras have internal memory?
No. Make use of the SD card.
Nothing is satisfying, like getting the best out of your wireless trail camera. When you buy, you expect that the camera will work as advertised.
However, sometimes, that may not be the case. When faced with such scenarios, you will have to return to the manufacturer or bear with the situation.
Reading this article, you get to understand the best wireless trail cameras you can get in the market and how they function.
It is your duty as a buyer to look for the most outstanding features in any wireless trail camera you intend to buy. or most new hunters, it might prove challenging to use a new model of camera.
The best thing is to be patient and learn how to use it. It might take time, but the gain is worth waiting. Experienced users will tell you how versatile a trail camera can be.
Apart from capturing pictures and videos, they give a chance to study the behavior of animals under difference circumstances –mating and feeding habits. Besides, if you want to catch a thief or a trespasser, don’t hesitate to buy them.