How to Hide Trail Camera From Humans | Complete Guide
Last Updated on February 7, 2022 by Thomas S. Tucci
A piece of very frustrating news is: there are no exact statistics of trail camera theft. To overcome that frustration, we started to find something more soothing sounded thing. Then, divulged very shocking data- the trail camera’s popularity is boosting in a circadian ratio.
For finding the reason for acceptance, our market analyses revealed a particular. That is: As a security camera, trail cameras won millions of hearts rather than other surveillance cameras, but the thief has not left this one on their list too. To avoid theft, people asked a few common questions to security experts to save their gem of safety.
- 1 Introduction:
- 2 How to hide a trail camera from humans?
- 3 How to hide a trail cam for home security?
- 4 Suggestion:
- 5 Tricks:
- 6 Checklists:
- 7 Top picks for maintenance:
- 8 How long a trail camera lasts?
- 9 Are the game cameras and trail cameras the same?
- 10 What type of batteries is used in the trail camera?
- 11 Conclusion:
So, what questions have the security experts received still? Well, there were a lot of problems when we were surfing the various expert blog. Among them, these two questions seemed very crucial, which had been observed by our analyst. So the items are:
- how to hide a trail camera from humans?
- How to hide a trail cam for home security?
After selecting the questions, we have decided to architecture a total code to minimize your theft risk as much as possible. Let’s begin together:
How to hide a trail camera from humans?
Since there is the word “human,” it influenced us to start the answer by paraphrasing mighty American fictionist Edgar Watson’s quote about the thief. That is: we all would become a thief unless everything is latched- a deep thought, right?
Actually, It is tough to remove the dark spot from the human species, but you can block that by maintaining a bit of precaution. That’s what experts and psychologists believe, so trail camera owners can apply the theory of blocking to chunk the dark human species. Therefore, you may use these top tips.
- Keep your camera out of human sight; choose such a place where a normal human being cannot detect it without profound observation.
- Lodge the camera as high as possible so that it becomes tough to steal.
- Cloak your camera. To cloak your camera, prefer or build something that cannot differ from the surrounding natural thing.
- Cover your camera with leafage except the lens to prevent unwanted trespass.
- Bar your camera inside a metal box, which will also be protected with the metal clinch.
- Stop observing a regular camera basis, which will make other cautious about finding what’s in there?
- Find a suitable location where humans usually avoid walking or reaching.
- Don’t buy those cameras; contains flash and glow at night.
- Remove the camera GPS indicator when uploading photos or videos, and don’t let everyone know that there is a camera.
Apart from all the above, the most beneficial output can be gained when you solely bring out a solution by analyzing your previous experience and considering the particular situation.
Next, we are moving on to the second question, that is:
How to hide a trail cam for home security?
Besides hunting purposes and wildlife photography, these technological blessings are also used for home security.
Because people have started to believe that these cameras are the best alternative, so far. Since the priority of trail camera safety is now a big issue for owners. For tackling the big problem, our specialist figured some specific suggestions out. And that is:
Since the USA has a regulation of house size that is 2700 s.ft. So the first job for the house owner is to plan for placing the camera along with that.
To assist owner planning, we have decided to show effective information – In statistics, some researchers found a fascinating fact: thieves use garage 9%, the front door 34%, back door 22%, and 23% front door for theft.
Therefore you can architecture camera placing according to the information, for your convenience; here we are providing some tricks.
- Since the trail camera has the option to take pictures in the dark perfectly, so fix your camera in such that thief cannot detect.
- As it is common to have lights in the front door, so, using your camera with that will be a wise decision.
- Another option is your ceiling, where easily one can hide the camera.
- If you foster an age pet animal, then their house can be the best choice to install.
- Else, if you have a birdhouse, then lodge the camera there.
- Yard, lawn, backyard, has trees and bush. It is an ideal place to hide a trail camera.
To make the trick session more polished, we choose to give you a bonus checklist.
- You can keep the camera inside of fake rock.
- Or, build a fake book cover to hide that.
- An attractive flower base can help you to hide the camera.
- You can choose the wood piece to hide the camera and build some lucrative wood pieces to fit the camera inside.
- Also, the surface can be a good choice to hide but when you are preparing to install a camera on the surface, make sure that the lens is saved from being shaded.
Trust us!! The Ways above can help you hide a trail camera for home security, and even our experts have already applied the techniques to secure their home and security camera.
But above everything, one thing a user should keep in mind and is trail camera maintenance- we assume, you are good at dodging thieves and humans.
The camera cannot provide its duty for lack of maintenance; then, there is nothing to do. To save our valuable audience from that disaster,
Professional trail camera guru has sent a top-pick code. Let’s take a look at that top picks.
Top picks for maintenance:
- Monitor your camera regularly; it is not like you have to do that every day; make your schedule 3 days a week; that’s enough to look after.
- At the time of monitoring, Observe if there is any external bruise.
- Since it stays outside, there is a huge chance of living pest inside the trail camera box, so bright that box.
- Check the battery life of the camera.
- If you disguise your camera with bark or other objects, change it since they are perishable.
- Keep your camera lens clear.
- Check the camera setting, SD card storage data.
- Unlimited mist can harm the camera so, try to remove moisture.
Finally, check every ingredient that helps a camera capture pictures and videos So that you can assure the present life of the camera.
Remember, proper maintenance can increase the lifetime and generate an idea over which users can rebuild new techniques to improve support.
From that point of view, we can say that, if you can maintain our expert guideline, surely there is a huge chance to extend the camera lifetime.
Since we have mentioned the “camera lifetime” phrase several times, some common questions come by. And they are:
How long a trail camera lasts?
A trail camera lasts around 2 to 3 years if it is properly maintained.
Are the game cameras and trail cameras the same?
Yes, many of us know this as a game camera too.
What type of batteries is used in the trail camera?
Lithium and Alkaline batteries are mostly used in a trail camera.
Now, it is time to wrap up the beginning. Since we aim to minimize your trail camera theft risk, we have tried our best to give precise guidelines. If you think this is worth to be shared, we will appreciate it. Cheers.