When you want to disable the chime on your Ring doorbell, there are a few things that you need to do. First, you will need to find the right setting on the device itself. Second, you may need to change a few settings in your router.
And finally, if you have an Echo device, you will need to disable the doorbell’s chime on that as well.
- Locate the chime unit on the outside of your home near the doorbell
- Find the switch or buttons on the chime unit that control the volume
- Adjust the switch or buttons to turn off the ringtone completely, or to a lower volume setting if you wish to still be able to hear notifications from your doorbell while outside
How Do I Turn off the Ring Doorbell Chime Outside
To turn off the Ring Doorbell chime outside, open the Ring app and go to your device settings. From there, you will see an option to disable the chime. Once you disable the chime, it will no longer make any noise when someone rings your doorbell.
The Easiest Way is to Simply Remove the Batteries from the Device
If your goal is to disable a device long-term, the best way is to remove the batteries. By taking out the batteries, you effectively disable the device until someone puts new ones in. This works for most devices, including laptops, cell phones, and tablets.
If you’re looking to disable a more industrial piece of equipment, however, simply removing the batteries may not be enough. In this case, it’s best to consult with the manufacturer on how best to disable the device.
You Can Also Disconnect the Device from Power, Or Disable the Chime Through Thering App
If you need to take a break from your Ring device, you can temporarily disable it through the app. To do this:1. Open the Ring app on your mobile device.
2. Select the device you wish to disable from the list of devices in the app.3. Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen and select “Device Settings.”4. Scroll down and toggle off the “Enable Chime” setting.
This will stop any notifications or alerts coming from your Ring device.5. If you want to completely disconnect your Ring device from power, you can find the power cord on the back of the base station (for wired models) or remove batteries (for battery-powered models).
Ring Doorbell App Video Pro 2 3 DIY Turn Off Outside Sound Silent
Turn off Ring Doorbell Sound
If you’re like most people, you probably have a Ring doorbell at your front door. And if you’re like most people, you probably find the constant “ding dong” of the doorbell to be annoying. Well, there’s good news!
You can easily turn off the sound on your Ring doorbell by following these simple steps:1. Log into your Ring account and go to the Devices tab.2. Select yourRing Doorbell from the list of devices.
3. Click on the Device Settings tab and scroll down to the Sound Settings section.4. Toggle the switch next to “Doorbell Sound” to Off and click Save Changes. That’s it!
You’ve now successfully turned off the sound on your Ring doorbell.
If you’re like most people, you probably have a Ring doorbell that chimes every time someone approaches your front door. While this can be convenient, it can also be annoying if you live in a busy neighborhood or have a lot of visitors. Luckily, there’s an easy way to turn off the chime on your Ring doorbell so that it only rings when someone actually presses the button.
Here’s how:1. Start by logging into your Ring account and selecting “Devices” from the left-hand menu.2. Next, find the device that you want to disable the chime for and click on it.
3. In the device settings, scroll down until you see the “Chime” setting and toggle it to “Off.”4. That’s it! Now, your Ring doorbell will only ring when someone physically presses the button, not every time they walk past it.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from Qualifying Purchases.